Stan

logo_textbottom

Logo design by Michael Betancourt and Stephanie Mannheim.

P.S. Some commenters suggested the top of the S above is too large, but I wonder if that’s just because I’ve posted the logo in a large format. On the screen it would typically be smaller, something like this, which appears a bit more tasteful:

logo_textbottom

1. Anonymous says:

Looks nice, but I like the old logo a little better. The top-heaviness of that S is slightly discomforting.

2. I think this logo is excellent! It’s interesting how different it “feels” if you look at it upside down — the top-heaviness of the S makes it look like it’s advancing towards you, which I think is neat!

• Keith O'Rourke says:

Hmm, might also suggest that with better flexible modelling, your appraised uncertainty widens rather than narrows…

I think that would be the right message of what should be expected, though not always.

3. Corey says:

That ‘S’ has two U-turns. I was promised no U-turns!

4. Hernan Bruno says:

It looks great.

I would make both sides of the “S”-ribbon thicker and perhaps similar in thickness. This would play nicely with the foreground-background perception. I mean that the red part of the log would also look like a slightly tilted “S”.

Another advantage of thickening the ribbon is that it would scale down better. Imagine on your browser tab.

5. Anders Gorm Pedersen says:

I love this logo! Now, please put it on the t-shirts: http://mc-stan.spreadshirt.com