Surgisphere is back!

Spam can be fun. This one came in today:

Hi Andrew,

I hope your week is going well so far! My name is Alister, and I work for a content marketing agency called **. I’m getting in touch with you because I’m currently working with the team at **.com to create a series of articles about various casino games, and we would love to get you involved.

We plan to publish a number of articles in the coming months, covering everything from the odds behind different table games to the strategies that players commonly use. We’re particularly keen to explore the probabilities behind these games, the math behind winning streaks, and some common misconceptions, such as the gambler’s fallacy.

We want to have an expert voice behind these articles, so it would be great if we could work with you in some capacity. We’re flexible on how that might look: whether, for example, that’s content we write and attribute to you, content based on interviews we conduct with you, or articles written by you.

If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, it would be great to discuss how we could work together. If you need any further information about anything relating to this project, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

I’m thinking maybe they could write some papers under my name and publish them in Science, Nature, JAMA, NEJM, Lancet, etc? “Content we write and attribute to you” . . . that’s ideal, right? I assume they’d pay me too. What could possibly go wrong?

3 thoughts on “Surgisphere is back!

1. > I assume they’d pay me too

In casino chips, maybe.

Note: I, for one, was very dissapointed by the lack of Surgisphere-related content in the post.

• Me too. I’ve been searching to see where the Surgisphere folks might reappear, but I’ve found nothing yet. And, as far as I know, the big name involved is still in his prestigious position.

2. You should tell Wolfram about this. Why is he paying people to prove theorems for him and then publishing them under his name? They should be paying him instead!