Life as a blogger: the emails just get weirder and weirder

In the email the other day, subject line “Casting blogger, writer, journalist to host cable series”:

Hi there Andrew,

I’m casting a male journalist, writer, blogger, documentary filmmaker or comedian with a certain type personality for a television pilot along with production company, Pipeline39. See below:

A certain type of character – no cockiness, no ego, a person who is smart, savvy, dry humor, but someone who isn’t imposing, who can infiltrate these organizations. This person will be hosting his own show and covering alternative lifestyles and secret societies around the world.

If you’re interested in hearing more or would like to be considered for this project, please email me a photo and a bio of yourself, along with contact information. I’ll respond to you ASAP.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

***

Casting Producer

(646) ***.****

***@gmail.com

I was with them until I got to the “no ego” part. . . . Also, I don’t think I could infiltrate any organization.

The guy they really should be getting for this is Peter Woit, who teaches in the math dept here and also blogs. The paradox, of course, is that Peter’s lack of big ego, his savviness, ability to infiltrate, etc., is exactly why he would have no interest in hosting a TV series.

4 thoughts on “Life as a blogger: the emails just get weirder and weirder

1. Hi Andrew,

Thanks for thinking of me for this new career opportunity!

I might have some problem with that “no cockiness” thing, but if a TV series covering abstract math and high energy physics (close enough to “alternative lifestyles and secret societies, I think) is what they have in mind, I’m available.