Columbia Science Fellows

With the creation of Frontiers of Science, a new postdoctoral position was established for young scientists interested in developing their skills in both research and science education. These “Science Fellows” are instrumental in developing new course material. However, Science Fellow positions are not purely teaching appointments. Because one goal of Frontiers of Science is to expose students to the way scientists work and think, Science Fellows actively pursue their own research projects within their department.

The exciting thing (for me) is that we’re hiring Fellows in statistics. The position would involve interdisciplinary science teaching to Columbia undergrads, and research with me (and my collaborators) in applied statistics. This is a great postdoc opportunity, especially for people who want to move into an academic career.

2 thoughts on “Columbia Science Fellows

1. Bob,

The teaching is in Columbia College (for the Core curriculum) but the research for the statistics postdoc is wherever might be interesting, including with my collaborators in the schools of engineering, business, public health, social work, law, etc.