5 thoughts on “My talk tomorrow (Thurs) at MIT political science: Recent challenges and developments in Bayesian modeling and computation (from a political and social science perspective)

1. Regardings “Recent challenges and developments in Bayesian modeling and computation” I’ve got a question: Do you plan to publish a 2nd edition of your book with Jennifer Hill which is using STAN? I saw the examples of it published via the STAN-github page and wondered if they will be put into context with a new edition?

Kind regards, Ulf

• Ulf, Brad:

Yes, the 2nd edition of ARM will be split into 2 books (Regression, and Multilevel Models), and both will use Stan.

Also, we (that is, Bob Carpenter and others) are planning to write a Data Analysis Using Stan book, because, as it is, the Stan mailing list and Stan manual are getting filled up with statistics advice that we’d like to collect in one place.

Also, there’s appendix C of BDA3.

2. Andrew: I lately read your blog. Indeed it’s too bad that I could not listen you as we live in different countries. Is there any opportunity that you can send your slides to me over email ? That’s be very nice.