Pushback against internet self-help gurus

Having been annoyed for awhile at those in-your-face internet gurus such as Seth Godin, Clay Shirky, Philip Greenspun, Jeff Jarvis, I was happy to come across this bit of Godin-bashing from Tom Slee. I’m sure Godin has some valuable insights, but I hate that in-your-face style, and I’m glad to see someone go to the trouble of pointing out all the nonsensical bits.

1. Adam says:

I don’t think it’s fair to lump Clay Shirky in with that category–he’s much more intellectual and much less in your face.

The only exception I can think of is the kind of aggressive piece he wrote about how his female students were selling themselves short by not promoting themselves, or something.

2. Jonathan says:

I really enjoy James Altucher, but he seems to qualify for this as well (admitting I posted one of his articles today and my friends loved it.)

For those of you not familiar:
    http://www.jamesaltucher.com/

3. Rahul says:

Oh boy, I feel so ignorant because none of those names rings a bell. Sigh.

4. Adam Pearce says:

From the post two years ago,

> a lot of people (for example, Helen DeWitt!) seem to like their style

is pretty funny in light of ‘lighting rods’

5. Tauqueer says:

Clay Shirky doesn’t belong to this list. Replace him with Nicholas Carr please!!

Where can you find the best CBD products? CBD gummies made with vegan ingredients and CBD oils that are lab tested and 100% organic? Click here.