What’s most cool – the question mark in the name or the modelling of zombies?

Some recent interest has been raised by the following publication

zombies

by an seemingly unknown author – well not quite

Smith?

I have not had anything to do with predator/prey models since reading Gregory Bateson’s Steps towards an Ecology of Mind – but a question mark in one’s name – that just too cool to pass by!

K?

PS Favourite article title – also by Bateson with his daughter when she was a young child – “Why do French?”

3 thoughts on “What’s most cool – the question mark in the name or the modelling of zombies?

1. Even when distractions are largely just distractions, you can't _prevent_ others from making good use of them.

Hadley – thanks for the crash blossoms. The "Why do French?" paper was on non-verbal communication and came from Bateson's daughter verbally asking "Why do French?" and then non-verbally waving her hands.

thom – I'll admit that these _non_ real research topics would have perhaps been better posted just before Holloween.

But I was trying to find a way of posting blog comments without being anonomous while preventing someone from being able to claim I was publically stating a position.

After reading about Smith? – the question mark after my first initial (with due apologies to the other K O'Rourkes who publish in clinical research) seemed like a neat way to do that.

And as Andrew posted later, Daniel Lakeland was able to turn it into a useful blog postable exercise.

K?